NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
Unit HSW 1 – Workplace Safety Foundations
- Element 1 – The Foundations of health & Safety
- Element 2 – The responsibility for health & safety
- Element 3 – Health & safety risk assessment & control
- Element 4 – Hazards & control associated with work equipment
- Element 5 – Transport safety
- Element 6 – Hazards & control associated with electricity
- Element 7 – Fire safety
- Element 8 – Hazards & control associated with manual handling & repetitive movement
- Element 9 – Hazards & control associated with hazardous substances
- Element 10 – Hazards & control associated with the working environment
Unit HSW-2 – Workplace Risk Assessment
Module HSW2 is a workplace-based risk assessment activity.
Module HSW1 is assessed by a one hour multiple choice examination on the final day of the course. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a one-hour practical assessment carried out in the candidates own workplace within 14 days of the multiple choice examination.
3 days inclusive of test